Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Post is food related - shocker!

This was supposed to be my first blog entry...but as I've learned, blogger does some maintenance stuff that shuts everything down. That is what happened and I got shut down trying to post that night. Then today, this post magically appeared in my post list and I was like, "what the hell, I'll post it anyway!" Trust me, I have quite the relationship with food so I'm sure this is the first of many food-related posts that will grace these pages:-)

Not much to say for this inaugural post because I am watching the Food Network (big surprise there?) and Alton Brown is doing his usual skits that I absolutely love. This one is really funny because he has taken the "hissing" cell scene between Hannibal Lecter and Clarice but the show is on "Power Trip" aka nutritional power bars. Anyway, the person portraying Hannibal takes the power bar and sniffs on it saying something like, "mmhhh high fructose corn syrup, cane sugar, etc" and maniacally tears into the bar. Meanwhile, Clarice (Alton) is running down the hallway in search of the real nutritional bar. Hilarious. If you don't watch
Good Eats then you won't get it - you kinda have to like Alton's humor and his deconstructed cooking show.

No comments: