Thursday, August 14, 2008

I bid you Adieu

Yesterday, I spent most of the day at the SSC (Home Depot Store Support Center) saying goodbye to my friends and colleagues (sob!). I wanted the day to go in slow motion so I could take it all in and brand it into my memory...but alas! the day flew by! Here are a couple of memories I will take with me ...

Franklin Road Days:
  • Being able to park 2 steps away from the office and no garage to deal with!
  • DSM-sponsored cookouts in the walkway between the two buildings
  • Hurricane Team - all the late nights, conference calls and SAD stories that had us sobbing like little girls (we really bled orange back then!)
  • Halloween - we actually used black tarp and really decked out our cubes. It was fun seeing the kids come through and get really scared when they went through Emilie's award-winning area packed with guts, coffins, skeletons....wow, I really miss that!
  • Success Sharing Celebrations - the money tree and the MONEY, MONEY, MONEY song blasting from the stereo?
  • The intercom - I hated getting paged during POSMs!
  • Potlucks - we made up every excuse back then to bring food to the office and once had a "diet dessert" day! Really, who were we kidding?
  • Computer Issues - Kev and Craig were right there...no line to call into, no tickets...
  • Stores and Vendors - we knew most by the sound of their voice and memorized their store #s and actually knew what was going on in their store!!
  • Tickets - concert, sports and show tix were always in abundance

SSC:
  • 3 entrances to the parking deck but still takes 15 minutes to get in and out of those orange gates
  • Main street events - great deals on books, jewelery and vendor-related items
  • Fire Drills - these were a killer when I was on the 15th floor. I guess I should have been going to the gym more often(!)
  • Affinity Group Events - got to meet/see a whole bunch of personalities: Jasmine Guy, Nadia Bilchik, Frankie Beverly, Ambassador Andrew Young and Dr. Cornel West among others.
  • Team Depot and Kaboom volunteer opportunities - always great to see a whole field of orange shirts building a playground, building a house...power tools rock!
  • Panera within walking distance - their Turkey Artichoke Panini and Iced Green tea are to die for.
It's been a great ride and even though I'm sad to be leaving, I am definitely ready for the next phase.

No comments: