Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Next US President



Barack Obama. Plain and simple, America needs Obama to be the next US president. I tried not to comment about politics in my blog but I confess, I have "Obama Fever" and I don't want to recover from it. With 5 days left to go, we in Kenya, can think of nothing else but getting Obama into office. Let's face it, whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, I think everyone wants to make sure that the next presidency will not mimic the mediocrity of the last 8 years. The next president of the United States should remedy the oil situation, rising foreclosures, slumping dollar, bring the troops back home, create a comprehensive immigration reform and cut taxes responsibly. These are just some of the reasons that should make every American cast their vote for the candidate of their choice - just be an informed voter!

As estimates go, Obama has 277 electoral votes to McCain's 174. That means 87 toss up votes. In the past couple of days Obama has gained ground in Colorado, a state that would normally have voted Republican! And let's not forget....the World Series was delayed so Obama's 30 min ad could run - if ya'll don't think that shows clout, I don't know what does. McCain mentioned that "it used to take an act of God to stop the World Series..." I'm thinking that should speak volumes - it is an act of God. Even HE wants Obama to be president:-)





No comments: