Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



The original pilgrims celebrated their autumn harvest with a feast of thanks and gratitude. Thanksgiving is exactly that - a time to be thankful of what you have, a time to celebrate with friends and loved ones and for me and other shop-a-holics, "Black Friday" Sales!! I'm getting giddy just thinking of this:-)

This is my first Thanksgiving back in Kenya and I am definitely missing the buzz of activity that would be in my kitchen at this time. For a good number of years I was always the 'go-to' house and I loved trying out new recipes to wow my friends with. My menu always consisted of an 18Ib Turkey, Dressing, Sweet Potatoes, Mac 'n' Cheese, Creamed Spinach, Creamed Corn, Green Bean Casserole and Cranberry. In addition to that, I had other dishes that I had been trying to master throughout the year so that I could debut them at Thanksgiving. I loved the first smell indicating that the Turkey was really starting to roast, yelling at Jonathan to clean the house faster before the first guest arrived, hearing the first knock, spiking the hot cider and eating until we almost OD'd. Ahh the memories!

This year, I am there in spirit with all my friends and thankful for the years we all spent together. I have also passed on the baton to my friend, Kaka, and hopefully he will do me proud. Of course, I will be needing pictorial evidence that he actually did all the cooking. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & your blog readers! I love black friday. I did some research, and have all of my shopping preplanned to maximize savings! You would be surprised what kind of deals are out there, if you search for them.

Custom Black Friday Sales Search

Janette said...

Thanks for stopping by! I simply love Black Friday...I love saving tons of money and this is the one day of the year that you can actually do it.