Sunday, September 7, 2008

Job Hunting

I have been job hunting the past week and discovered that Kenya has requirements that I never gave a thought to before now:
*Some jobs require you to be a certain age or sex
*Most jobs require at least 3 referrals and 3 letters of recommendation.
In my situation, my referrals are proving to be problematic because they are all from the US. Friday, it was suggested to me that I find a local referral (not in my family) who has known me for a while and is in the business sector. Ok, let's think about this for a second...I have been away for almost 14 years so how would I have a local professional who has known me for a while? I've never been gainfully employed in this country so I'm not sure how they would think I would have a local referral?

No comments: