Monday, September 8, 2008

Shipping Delays

I sent an email to my shipper to find out if my confirmation date of September 25th was still valid but I am disappointed to report that the answer is not promising. This is part of the email response to me:
"Your shipment left on August 28th at 12.00pm from our warehouse for Savannah or onward shipment to Mombasa but the trucking company could
not make to the port before the cut off time which was 4.00pm and therefore they put the shipment to leave on Sept 8th 2008. We had bad weather on the 26th and 27th and could not have loaded in the rain, the tracking No for the container is XXXXXXXX and the website is zimlines.com. The container will start showing movement from Sep 8th 2008 on the web."

I haven't been able to locate the zimlines website stated above but I googled it and came up with a website for ZIM Integrated Shipping Service and I think they are one and the same. The entry under my container number does not give any departure/arrival dates and only shows a size number "4" and "HC" under the type. At any rate, the site provides email addresses to the cargo shipping agents so I have just sent them an email to find out whether they can provide me any further information!

No comments: