Monday, September 1, 2008

My Birthday!

Today is my birthday and I must say ...I feel exactly the same as I did yesterday. None of that crap about being pensive and thinking about what I want to do with my life. Which is great because that means I'm not wiggin' out over being 30 something - I'm just happy to be home and hanging out with my sister!

I did like any renaissance woman would (with my dear sister in tow) - woke up at the crack of dawn, took pictures of the kids (my niece and nephew) as they got ready for first day of school, finally went to the bank to open some accounts, went to the mall for lunch, visited two aunts, tried to memorize the way to the kids school, got some amazing flowers and chocolate from Jonathan AND to top it all off...bought myself a birthday cake:-}. As Rachel Ray would say it, Yum-O!!

I'm also saying a special prayer for anyone that was in the path of Hurricane Gustav. Haven't heard of any fatalities yet so that is a huge PLUS! Also, the Army Corps indicated that the walls would hold so lets hope that holds true as well.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Makalani said...

Janette my friend! It won't be the same here without you! WE miss you very much!

Sheri

Janette said...

I know:-) I miss you too!